RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD: Importance of responsible parenthood
- Responsible citizenry: Parents care for their child’s wellbeing, health, safety and character development especially at their early years. These will help the child into development and law-abiding adult citizens thereby making the children contribute to the development of the society.
- Reduction in crime: A responsible parents put in their children good and acceptable societal values of love, honesty, diligence, contentment and integrity. And these influence the pattern of development and behaviour of their children especially at adulthood. Thereby reducing the rate of crime in the society.
- Healthy Nation: Children who are given adequate and sound education, right type of food, a decent shelter, security and unbeatable recreational facilities will spend less in medicine. Thereby maintaining healthy nation.
- Emotionally balanced population: Hence parents put in their child/children the good and balanced emotional control. The child turnout to seek peaceful and legal means of redress in the society. Thereby improving the society into development of emotional balanced population.
CONSEQUENCES OF IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
- Shortage of food and other material needs.
- Lack of space for the members of the family.
- Non-provision of formal education for the children.
- Increased crime rate
- Divorce and lack of trust
- Premature deaths