INTER COMMUNAL RELATIONSHIP I: The meaning of inter-communal relationship
The relationship that exist among different communities in a society. E.g. in Nigeria we have different ethnic communities with different cultures. These communities interact and share many things in common e.g. ideas, boundaries, social system, unity and traditions, political system aspirations and feelings in a given area or place.
Importance of inter-communal relationship:
- It promotes development in the society
- It brings security of live and property in the community.
- It brings about development of business relations and other commercial activities among community members
- It encourages better interpersonal relationships among community members.
- It discourage disharmony among different communities in the society
- It encourages the development life-long relationships e.g. marriage, trade etc among community member
- It promote love, peace and good neighbouring among communities.
- It encourages interaction of cultures norms, traditions, value social system etc between communities.