Drama is a play acted/performed by actors on a stage. Actors represent dramatically the actions in work through dialogue. It is acted out before audience. Drama is the first literature that existed.
Drama is divided into three kinds
KINDS/TYPES OF DRAMA
- Tragedy: This is a play/story that often ends in disaster or sorrowfully. It is concerned with the subject matter about human suffering and human suffering and corresponding terrible events in a dignified manner.
- Comedy: Comedy refers to any work general intended to be humorous/amusing by dancing, laughter, especially in theatre, television, filling stand-up comedy or any other medium of entertainment.
- Tragicomedy: Is a literary genre that blends aspects of both tragic and comic form. It variously describes either a tragic play which contains enough comic elements to lighten the overall mood or a serious play with a happy ending.
CHARACTERISTIC OF DRAMA
- Drama is an action Centered
- It makes use of costumes and props
- It is presented in the form at dialogue
- It is written in acts and scenes
- It makes use of stage directions
- It is performed before an audience
- It is performed on a stage by dramatic personal/cast
- It is sustained by conflict
- It educates and entertains.