Topic: COMPUTER LABORATORY MANAGEMENT ETHICS (contd.)
LIST OF COMPUTER MANAGEMENT AND ETHICS. These includes:
- Maintaining a dust free environment.
- Appropriate ventilation.
- Appropriate lightening system.
- Setting computer system.
- Free extinguisher.
- Maintaining a Dust Free Environment.
The computer room must be protected from dust by using dust covers to cover all the equipment after use. Dust blower to clean the equipment.
- Appropriate Ventilation.
The lightening system of the computer room must e adequate and bright enough to enable computer users see the work they do to facilitate free movement within the computer room.
- Appropriate Lightening System.
Computer room must be air-conditioned cool to prevent unnecessary heat generated while the computers are working. The windows must be covered with very neat window blind while the air-conditioner or fan or both are both working.
- Setting Computer System.
Computers must be set up in a position such that it will not face the rays of sun light directly.
- Free Extinguisher.
This must be positioned in various parts of the laboratory so as to take care of any incidence of fire outbreak. There is need for fireproof cabinet for keeping valuable items in the laboratory.
RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT SHOULD BE ADEQUATELY FOLLOWED TO ENSURE SAFETY AND EQUIPMENT SECURITY IN THE COMPUTER LABORATORY
- By arranging computers and their peripherals in an orderly manner.
- All the chairs and tables should be arranged in a comfortable manner.
- Use of stabilizer or uninterruptible power supply (supply)
- Turn off all the electronic appliances at the end of the days’ work.
- All the electrical cables and connections must not be exposed.
- The computer environment entrance and windows should be made of steel door and burglary so that it will prevent unauthorized entrance.
- Eating and drinking in the computer laboratory is highly prohibited.
- Playing inside the computer laboratory is discouraged
- Always use the correct fuse to avoid electrical hazard in the laboratory.
- Do not the communication cable of peripherals attached to the CPU when these peripherals are still ‘ON’.
- Always ensure that the air-condition are worked on when the computers are working.
- The computer room should be kept clean and tidy always.
- List any 4 computer laboratory management you have learnt and explain them.
2. State any 6 rules and regulations guiding the computer laboratory.